Toxic Plants to Keep Away from Your Pets
Certain vegetation can be deadly to your animals. Whether you are at home or take advantage of pet boarding near San Jose, make sure your animals stay away from the following plants:
As beautiful as lilies are, they are extremely dangerous for cats. Any member of the Lilium species could cause significant kidney damage to your cats. If you have cats, you should not have any lilies at your home or at the pet hotel that could cause major problems for the animal that might have lifelong repercussions.
Marijuana can cause serious health issues in animals. If they ingest cannabis, it could lead to depression of the central nervous system. Marijuana can also decrease an animal’s coordination and might also cause vomiting, diarrhea, or drooling. In extreme cases, it can lead to an increased heart rate, seizures, or a coma.
The bulb of the tulip plant is extremely toxic to animals. If your pet eats this part of the plant, he might experience gastrointestinal irritation, drooling, decreased appetite, convulsions, or even heart problems. You should not have tulips if you have animals.
Azaleas can poison animals and lead to a wide range of serious health issues. On top of noticeable ailments like vomiting, drooling, and diarrhea, azaleas can lead to fatal symptoms like cardiovascular collapse. It is very important to keep your pets far away from azalea plants.
This kind of ivy, which is also known as California ivy, will harm your animals if they eat it. Pets that ingest English ivy will most likely start to vomit, experience abdominal pain, or diarrhea.
This kind of plant has calcium oxalate crystals that are very toxic for animals. If your pet eats this plant, he might have oral irritation that can lead to excessive drooling. Eating this plant might also cause vomiting. Animals that eat it often have trouble swallowing and might even feel a burning of the mouth.